- Scope and Application
- Collection of Information
Information You Provide to UsWe collect information you provide directly to us through your access or use of the Services, such as when you create or modify your account, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: your name, email address, phone number, postal address, profile picture and other information you choose to provide. Please note that we do not knowingly collect, keep or maintain personal information from children under the age of 18 through the Services, as we require that all users represent to us that they are at least 18 years old.Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our ServicesWhen you use our Services, we collect personal information (i.e. information that could be used to contact you directly such as full name, postal address, phone number or email address) (“Personal Information”) and demographic information (i.e. information that you submit, or that we collect, that is not personal information; this may include, but is not limited to, post code, hometown, gender, username, device information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, time zone setting, device location, IP address, SMS data, transaction information, age/birth date, browsing history information, searching history information, and registration history information) (“Demographic Information” and, together with Personal Information, “Personal Data”).We also use GPS technology to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose.Information We Collect From Other SourcesWe may also receive information from other sources and combine that with Personal Data we receive from you or collect through our Services. For example:
- If you choose to link, create, or log in to your ShamZam account with a payment provider or social media service (e.g., Facebook), or if you engage with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
- If your employer uses one of our enterprise solutions, we may receive information about you from your employer.
- When you request on demand services, our Carriers may provide us with a User rating after providing services to you.
- If you also interact with our Services in another capacity, for instance as a Carrier, we may combine or associate that information with Personal Data we have collected from you in your capacity as a User or rider.
- Use of Personal Data
We may use Personal Data which you provide to us or we collect from you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users and Carriers, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal administration and operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Send or facilitate communications (i) between you and a Carrier, such as estimated times of arrival (ETAs), or (ii) between you and a contact of yours at your direction in connection with your use of certain features, such as referrals or invites;
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of ShamZam and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
- Notify you about changes to our Services;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services;
- Keep our Services safe and secure; and
- Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
- ‘‘All credit/debit cards’ details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties’’
- ‘Shamzam Commercial Brokers – Sole Proprietorship LLC will not pass any debit/credit card details to third parties’’
- ‘’ Shamzam Commercial Brokers – Sole Proprietorship LLC takes appropriate steps to ensure data privacy and security including through various hardware and software methodologies. However, (https://www.shamzam.com/) cannot guarantee the security of any information that is disclosed online’’
- ‘Shamzam Commercial Brokers – Sole Proprietorship LLC is not responsible for the privacy policies of websites to which it links. If you provide any information to such third parties different rules regarding the collection and use of your personal information may apply. You should contact these entities directly if you have any questions about their use of the information that they collect.’’
- Storage and Transfer of Personal Data
- Sharing of Personal Data
- With Carriers to enable them to provide the Services you request. For example, we share your name and pickup and/or drop-off locations with Carriers;
- With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share your Personal Data, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate; and
- With your employer (or similar entity) and any necessary third parties engaged by us or your employer, if you participate in any of our enterprise solutions.
- Other Important Sharing
We may share your Personal Data;
- With ShamZam subsidiaries and affiliated entities;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing and advertising partners, and other service providers who need access to such Personal Data to carry out work on our behalf or to perform any contract we enter into with them;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties to enforce or apply our Terms of Service, to investigate potential breaches or if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our Terms of Service, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ShamZam or others;
- With third parties in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; With third parties in an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you
- Your Choices
- Security Precautions
- Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments and requests related to this Privacy Statement, or if you have any complaints related to how ShamZam processes your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.